Blog by the Numbers
- 21: days since I last posted
- 23: half-written posts I have sitting in my drafts folder
- 5: number of those drafts that I might actually finish
- 1,000: times I have gotten on WordPress to try and finish up a post and failed (okay, so maybe that’s a bit exaggerated)
Life by the Numbers
- 5: days during September I was on vacation
- 2.5: books I have read since my last What I’m Reading post
- 4: band rehearsals I have been to so far
- 2: volunteer shifts I have canceled because they fell on rehearsal days
- Also the number of events it took for me to realize that event coordination is not my thing
- Also the number of weeks we have visited a Life Group at the church we’ve been attending (verdict: meh so far)
- Also the number of weddings I have been to this month
- 1: articles I have written for places other than this blog!
- 1: number of years of marriage we are about to celebrate
September has turned out to be a really busy month. Vacation somehow threw us both off and we’ve been trying to regain a balance for weeks. You know how they say you need a vacation from your vacation afterwards? I get that now. My yoga routine is pretty much gone because of vacation, and I also became even slower on the Bible study I was doing with my sister. I’m pretty sure she’s probably almost done with it by now while I’m stuck on week 3. I’ve also been meaning to get together with some friends and go see my family but those plans are still just ideas. I guess that just happens sometimes.
Before I end this, I want to shout out a mutual friend! If you read my lists above, you saw that I wrote an article for another publication. That publication is Common Knowledge + Simple Truths, a quarterly magazine for young women by young women. It’s very well done and a really nice place to turn to for advice, encouragement, and inspiration. If you’re a young woman, you should definitely check it out!