Here are some random things that have been going on in my life lately:
- My husband and I ordered 12 bottles of wine off the Internet. That might not seem like a lot, but for context, we buy maybe 1 bottle every month and a half. We’re about to be stocked for the whole year.
- I organized my bathroom counter. Don’t try to tell me this doesn’t make you feel calm.
- The other day, I got so frustrated with customers at my job that I flat-out refused someone’s request because I didn’t want to be bothered. They did come in two minutes before closing, to be fair, but it was not my finest moment.
- My husband and I went hiking that weekend when it felt like spring and it was heaven. We walked almost 10 miles in one weekend, which is a lot for us couch potatoes.
- I got news that I will most likely be moving to a new position at my job by March (I hope).
- The neighborhood cats are hiding less and it makes me happy when I see them on my lunch break.
- We received the photo book we made from our wedding photos.
- I vented to my mom about health insurance and it was exactly what I needed at the time. Also I learned that insurance through your employer is automatically your primary insurance. These are important life lessons.
- I forgot about my “one word” for the year until my husband read my lock screen out loud to me the other day. I haven’t been very grateful this month.
- I talked to a friend who I haven’t seen since she stood by me on my wedding day. I so enjoyed being with her, and she gave me the most thoughtful gift ever: fuzzy socks, a notebook with a quote in Spanish, and the two essential oils she let me use when I was stressing out about wedding things. I didn’t thank her like I should have, and I didn’t have anything for her in return.
- I made homemade pico de gallo and ate it all myself in two days.
- I got really excited when I found out one of my favorite bloggers will soon experience the Smoky Mountains, which are very near to where I grew up. I hope she finds them as beautiful as I do.
- I spent way too much on Starbucks, and when we decided to make a real budget, we decided I need to cut way down on that.
- I ran out of ideas for blog posts, so I did this instead.
This is such a nice way of looking back on your month – even it’s just because you ran out of idea. I really liked reading it! Your photo book looks beautiful. :)
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you; you’re so sweet :))
A fine blog post it is, too. Photo books, pfft. You kids today have it so easy. Back in my day, you needed to glue these little photo corner holders onto the paper.
Sometimes, these posts are what we need to see what we’ve accomplished😍
I appreciated these updates far more than I probable should have… so thanks for that.