At the beginning of the summer, before classes started, I made a list of goals for myself. It consists of things I’d like to get back in the habit of, and also things I can do to reverse bad habits I know I have. I know my blogging habits tend to drop off during the school year because I get busy, but for this summer I’m going to try to do regular updates of these goals to keep myself on track.
So to begin, here are my summer goals, straight from my journal:
- Be positive!! So far, this is touch and go. I’ve good days and bad days. This is definitely something I need to work on all the time, but I’m trying to remember to have a good attitude (especially about work).
- Plan meals for the week and cook at least 4 times a week. Pretty good on this so far. Plans change a bit when I accidentally make enough chicken and quinoa for 15 people as opposed to one, but at least planning keeps me cooking!
- Research job options. I have definitely been doing this! I’ve explored real estate certification quite a bit. Need to keep that up and look into jobs with study abroad programs as well.
- Do sewing projects. None of this yet. I’m supposed to be doing a 4H quilt for my sister and a tulle skirt for a friend, but I don’t have all the supplies I need for either. May need to take this off the list and save for next summer?
- Read Spanish. Borrowed several Spanish books from the library a few weeks ago, but didn’t finish any of them. Need to find an interesting one and be diligent about reading. Also could look for Spanish TV shows.
- Go hiking. Haven’t done this yet. As a small female, I’m a bit wary of hiking alone. Need to find someone to invite. I have been for a drive out to the more rural parts of the county, though.
- Go home. Plan to in the next few days! So excited!
- Look into selling erasable calendars. Random idea I had for an Etsy shop since I made myself one for freshman year, and most of the ones on Etsy are a bit pricey. Need to do some research on frame and paper prices so I can decide if this is something I might want to do next year (as a side project after I graduate — definitely can’t spend that kind of money now).
- Make savings plan and budget. Haven’t looked at this at all yet.
- Blog a little. You’re looking at that accomplishment!
- Exercise at least 4 times a week / every other day. I’ve got a good start on this! Two days ago I ran a mile and this morning I modified an exercise ball routine to do in my living room since the school fitness center was closed.
Overall, I’m not doing too bad so far! We’ll see how the rest of the summer goes.
Also, here’s the workout I did this morning: