With a name like Mission:Incomplete, you’d think I would have a mission statement of sorts to go along with my blog. But I began blogging in 2012, and have yet to really narrow my focus. Now is the time to fix that!
Why am I blogging?
- I love to write. Blogging is a great way to keep up my skills when I’m tired of writing school papers and don’t have the time or patience for fiction.
- I love to read. You can’t blog without reading other blogs. Through my WordPress reader, I’ve found blogs that deal with things I never thought I’d be interested in, and they’re easy to drink up in the space of fifteen minutes — great when life is busy.
- I love to talk. Blogging is a community, and blogging has opened me up to people who actually want to listen to my thoughts and ideas. I also love discovering and reading about people who live very differently than I do, or are at a different stage of life.
What do I blog about?
Since I started, I’ve written about a huge variety of things. Mission:Incomplete began as a sewing blog primarily, and morphed into a smorgasbord of my thoughts. Reviewing books has been one of my absolute favorite things to do, and I plan to continue that. The plan is to blog about books primarily, but I’ll also post about an upcoming trip this summer (which I’m very excited about!), and will most likely continue to post occasional sewing tutorials and mini-essays when I find myself pondering something.
Goals for the Upcoming Year
- Review at least three books from Waterbrook Multnomah
- Review at least three books I’ve already read or am reading for pleasure
- Post once a week for my upcoming trip
This post is the first task in WordPress’ Blogging 101! I’ll be balancing these daily tasks with exams all week, and I’m excited to begin!
Hi! Looking forward to the posts about the upcoming trip and more! Good intro here..