I am a busy bee with an illusion of nothing to do. I am a slacker with a semblance of busy. I’ve been reading the Traveling Pants series over again, and the way Ann Brashares writes gets into my brain. The woman is a genius at writing.
- I make way too many dumb mistakes at my job, and I may or may not have overheard my manager talking with a shift leader about a new employee who asks dumb questions. I have no idea if they were talking about me. Sigh…
- Also, I’m having a lot of scheduling issues at work, like the one where prom and a speech competition and a probably-mandatory work shift all coincide. Why can’t life be simple?
- I really have a lot of stuff to do, but summer break mode is stealing over me. Can I just read and watch movies and go out with my friends?
- Other than the dumb thing, my job is going fairly well. I now know what it is like to be a mascot, and it is freeing. (I danced around Market Square to the beat of the drums. Alone. I would never do that without a disguise.)
Really, nothing too exciting is happening in my life right now. But I’ll go ahead and make the other lists…
- Remember how I mentioned I was a slacker? Well, that goes for my God-life, too.
- I actually have a lot of fun stuff to look forward to this month (or technically next month…), not least is graduation. Finally!
Not very meaty lists, but the best I can do under the circumstances.